It’s with great sadness that I made the decision to permanently close FlowingYOGA as of today, June 15 2020.
I’ve started FlowingYOGA 9 years ago from a dream to share my passion for yoga to as many as possible in Leuven, making yoga accessible to everyone everyday. Together with all our valuable teachers, we have created a vibrant yoga community and I’m very thankful for the many hours we spent together on the mat.
However, over the last couple of years, the studio faced already challenges with the growing intensity of competition in the saturated Leuven yoga and fitness market. Our exorbitant overhead costs (which haven’t stopped with COVID-19) and the uncertain situation we are currently facing, with many students not returning to their mat and the risk of a second outbreak, has brought me to the hard reality that FlowingYOGA has to close it books.
Many of you know that I have been struggling a lot with making this decision. Many sleepless nights, many financial calculations, rethinking scenarios to survive … over and over again… brought me with sadness to the point that it’s time to face the hard truth.
I want to thank also all the teachers who have supported me over the years and especially the last months.
I don’t know what the future will bring, but for now, I have to go through this hard decision and take a break from teaching. Thank you for understanding and most of all, thank you for making my dream come true over the last 9 years.
Is yoga for me?
People of every age can practice yoga. Yoga is not about how flexible your are or how much strength you have. Yoga is about becoming in the present, accepting your physical ability and cultivating a sense of harmony in every asana, no matter how deep you can go in the posture.
FlowingYOGA offers different types of classes. Listen to your body, respect your body and you will benefit from the physical and mental healing effect of yoga.
What is yoga?
Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word ‘yuj’, meaning to yoke, to join or unite. At FlowingYOGA you practice asanas (physical postures) and pranayama (breath control) to unite your body, mind and breath.
Yoga is also named the science of health. It’s an ancient science to remove all the tension and blockages in our body and mind with the ultimate goal to find eternal happiness, joy and bliss.
Terms and conditions
- Class cards are personal, non-renewable and non-refundable.
- Exceptionally, on presentation of a doctor’s note, a class card can be extended.
- All classes must be booked in advance via our online reservation system. You can book up to a few minutes before the class if there is still a place available.
- Classes will take place when we have 5 registrations 2h before class. If we do not have 5 registrations 2h in advance, you will be notified by email that the class has been cancelled.
- You can cancel a class that you booked free of charge up to 24 hours in advance via the reservation system. Otherwise the class will be charged.
- The class schedule can be changed at any time without prior notice.
- Students under the age of 23 receive a discount on presentation of a valid student card. They must e-mail a photo of their student card to email@example.com before buying a class or class package at the student rate.
- On public holidays there is no class or a modified timetable.
- During the summer holidays we offer an extensive class schedule. We normally close a week at the end of July from Saturday to Sunday the following week and during the extended weekend of Ascension. But this can be adjusted.
- Due to hygienic measures, no yoga mats are made available in the studio. You can buy yoga mats of good quality in the studio, payment via webshop.
- The bolsters in the studio may only be used if you put your own bath towel on them.
- In the studio you can only pay via the online reservation system or via the webshop.
- Risk: Taking part in a physical activity can carry risks. The participation in the classes is fully at the risk of the participant. FlowingYOGA cannot be held responsible for possible injuries, accidents, material damage or theft, directly or indirectly associated with the participation in the classes and/or presence in the classes.
Events and workshops
If you want to come to FlowingYOGA for the first time, you can find some frequently asked questions below:
Do I have to register for classes?
Yes, you do. Before you come to the studio for the first time, create an account on our online reservation system. You must always book your class in advance through our online reservation system.
Do I have to choose for a fixed class?
No, you can participate in any class as long as you take into account the level of the classes.
Can I try a class?
We offer a discovery card for first-time yogis at FlowingYOGA. With this card, you can take unlimited classes for 2 weeks for 25 euros. You have to bring your own yoga mat.
If you don’t have a yoga mat, you can also book our discovery package. Then you can take unlimited classes for 45 euro for 2 weeks and get a yoga mat for 22,5 euro.
Our discovery card or discovery package is a one-off offer for when you come to the studio for the first time.
Which class is suited for me?
It’s difficult to say which class is best suited for you. You can find a description of the classes here. You can try a class and ask advice from the teacher after the class. If you have never practiced yoga before, we advice you to start with a beginners class or all levels class. If you are interested in a quiet, non dynamic class, than yin yoga is something for you. If you want to combine quiet deep stretch with a dynamic part, than you can choose for yin and yang yoga. In hatha yoga we practice the yoga poses separately and give lots of attention to the breath. If you are looking for a dynamic beginners class, you can try easyflow or ashtanga basics. Class schedule can be found here.
How much does a class cost?
We have different memberships. You can find all the prices here. You have to register in advance via our online reservation system.
What do I have to bring to the class?
For hygienic reasons we do not have yoga mats available in the studio. So bring your own yoga mat. We also sell good quality yoga mats in the studio that you can pay for through our webshop. Wear sportswear or other comfortable stretch clothing. All classes are barefoot. Bring a small towel. If you want to use a bolster, bring a bath towel to put on the bolster for hygienic reasons. We also recommend not to eat heavy meals 2 hours before class.