Skip to content
Tips for new students
- If you have never practiced yoga before, we advice you to start with a beginners class or all levels class. If you are interested in a quiet, non dynamic class, than yin yoga is something for you. If you want to combine quiet deep stretch with a dynamic part, than you can choose for yin and yang yoga. In hatha yoga we practice the yoga poses separately and give lots of attention to the breath. If you are looking for a dynamic beginners class, you can try easyflow or ashtanga basics.
- We offer a discovery card for first-time yogis at FlowingYOGA. With this card, you can take unlimited classes for 2 weeks for 25 euros. You have to bring your own yoga mat. If you don’t have a yoga mat, you can also book our discovery package. Then you can take unlimited classes for 45 euro for 2 weeks and get a yoga mat for 22,5 euro. Our discovery card or discovery package is a one-off offer for when you come to the studio for the first time.
- Before you come to the studio for the first time, create an account on our online reservation system. You must always book your class in advance through our online reservation system.
- You can start whenever you want since we don’t work with class series but with levels.
- For hygienic reasons we do not have yoga mats available in the studio. So bring your own yoga mat. We also sell good quality yoga mats in the studio that you can pay for through our webshop.
- Wear light sports clothes or other comfortable stretchable clothing.
- Classes are done on bare feet.
- Do not eat any heavy meals 2 hours before class.
- Drink sufficient water before class.
- Bring a small towel.
- Make sure your phone is on silent.
- Be on time so that you can start a class in a relaxed way and you do not disturb other people by walking in late.
- If you are injured or have another health issue, make sure to pass by a doctor first.
- Let the teacher know before the class if you have any health issues.
- Inform the teacher immediately when you are pregnant.
- Always inform the teacher about changes in your health situation.
Follow these basic principles
- Yoga is no competition. One of the basic principles of yoga is accepting your limitations.
- Move slowly and with full attention.
- Never hurry or force yourself.
- Stop and take a break when needed.
- You will notice that you make more progress if you stay within your own limits.