It is no secret that the medical community is slowly starting to recognise the power of Yoga in the treatment of low back or neck pain. Yoga treatments include not only exercise, but also attention to posture, self- awareness, breathing, mental focus and relaxation, which help to improve functional disability and reduce pain intensity. This course will address each of these elements with particular focus on the spine.
What will this course cover:
- Information on what could be causing your back/neck pain and how yoga can help
- How to perform yogic exercises and Asanas (postures) optimally and safely
Who is the Yoga course for:
- Anyone with spinal problems (sciatica, vertebral stenosis, inter-vertebral disc disorders, posterior joint disorders)
- People who are in no pain at all but want to prevent having any in the future
- People with a sedentary lifestyle OR a heavy work load
- Anyone who wants to learn about the effect of Yoga on spinal complaints
Claire Huby (Physical Therapist & Yoga Instructor)
About Claire Huby
Claire, born and raised in England, became interested in the human body as a young contemporary dancer. After graduating as a physiotherapist in Amsterdam, she became increasingly interested in yoga as she soon discovered the physical and mental benefits in had for herself and her patients. Claire has experience working with chronic pain to performance athletes in a variety of health care settings across the globe.
Claire followed her Ashtanga / Vinyasa Yoga teacher training in Goa India. In her teaching she attaches great importance to harmony between mind and body. She has a passion for holistic health and always strives for balance in her own studies and teaching.
- Regular class price. You can use your 10 class card, membership card or pay a drop in class.
- No upfront registration required.